13 Vape Gear Essentials That You Should Never Run Out Of
Very few industries have innovated and progressed as fast as the vaping industry. If you look back at the history of vaping, you’ll see that the industry has quickly grown from small cigarette-style devices with leaky cartridges and inconsistent performance to a variety of awesome devices that allow vapers to control every aspect of their vaping experience. In only a decade, the world has changed in its embrace of vaping, and this is reflected by all the awesome vape gear that has hit the market over the last several years.
Depending on how you vape and what type of experience you’re looking for, there’s a variety of vape gear that you’ll want to keep in your kit to ensure a perfect performance each and every time. In this post, we’ll list out the vape gear that you’ll need - and tell you exactly what to look for when stocking up your collection.
The Must Haves For Every Vaper
A standard personal vaporizer offers just enough control for most vaping enthusiasts. Whether you choose a pen-style device or a vape box mod, there are a few items that you’ll want to have handy at all times. Here’s a list of must-have vape gear that you should always keep in your kit:
- Vape Juice - Once you’ve got your device all set up and ready to go, you’re going to want to keep it filled with your favorite vape juice flavor. There are thousands of vape juice flavors out there today from tobacco to fruits and desserts - and no matter what flavor your taste buds enjoy, you’ll definitely be able to find an awesome juice to vape. Keep a few extra bottles around - at some point, your bottle will run low and it’s much less frustrating when you have a backup.
- Vape Coils - A vape coil, or atomizer, is a piece of vape gear that is responsible for transforming vape juice into vapor. Most vaping starter kits will come with a couple of coils - usually at different ohms so that you can figure out which suits your preference the best. Over time, atomizers will get soiled and will need to be replaced. A soiled vape coil will still function, but the flavor of the e-liquid will likely be heavily affected. You should definitely keep a few extra coils in your vape gear collection, and maybe even consider keeping a few at different resistances in case your vaping style changes over time or one day decide you want to try vaping at a new wattage range.
- Vape Batteries - If you’ve purchased a box vape starter kit, it’s likely that enough batteries were included to get things going. However, if you’ve purchased a mod only, you may need to purchase the appropriate batteries to power it. It’s also a good idea to keep a replacement battery (or several) in your vape kit collection. A damaged battery can be dangerous, and it’s better to have a new battery on hand than to continue vaping on potentially unsafe batteries. Some vapers prefer having an external charger so they can charge their additional batteries while they continue using their device and swap them out when their device runs low on power.
- Cases & Skins - While it’s optional whether you use vape cases and skins, many vapers prefer both. Skins allow you to further personalize your device by applying an outside layer that changes its visual appeal. You may also choose to purchase a device case, which fits around your device and provides a layer of padding and protection if it is accidentally dropped. Full kit cases, on the other hand, allow you to keep all of your vape gear in one place - safe and accessible.
Gear For Stealth Vaping
Those who prefer a nice discrete vaping experience will probably have a different selection of vape gear since box mods and even pen-style mods may create too much vapor for stealth vaping. If you’re looking for the right vape gear to keep a low-profile while vaping, here’s the gear you’ll want in your collection:
- Pod System - The pod system is the ultimate stealth vaping device. Small and compact, these devices produce a low amount of vapor but often use nicotine salts with higher nicotine levels; giving vapers a powerful hit without producing a huge obvious vapor cloud. There are many awesome pod system devices on the market today, like the Juul device and several other Juul device alternatives.
- Pod Cartridges - Although some pod systems have refillable cartridges that allow you to add your own vape juice, many of the most popular pod devices (like the Juul) accept pre-filled cartridges. If you vape on your pod often, it’s guaranteed that eventually, your pod will run dry. Depending on what device you own, it can be difficult to find somewhere that carries your preferred cartridges on short notice. Save yourself a headache and keep some extra pods around at all times!
- Charger Cables & Adapters - Most pod systems have built-in batteries, meaning that you can’t take your battery out and replace it with a new one when the power has exhausted. To use your device consistently without it dying out at the worst time possible, make sure you have the right vape gear - charger cables for your device and adapters for both your home and automobile.
Vape Gear For Big Clouds
On the opposite side of the stealthy vapers are those who love huge clouds - and the vape gear that goes along with it. Those who prefer big clouds often choose box mods when selecting a personal vaporizer. To better your experience when vaping for big clouds, consider the following vape gear:
- Sub-ohm Device - For those who love big clouds and huge vapor production, sub-ohm devices are often recommended. These devices typically accept multiple batteries and can power up to high wattages - some devices reaching 220w and higher. There are hundreds of sub-ohm devices on the market. If you want big clouds, choose a high wattage sub-ohm device from a reputable brand.
- Low Resistance Coils - With your sub-ohm vape gear, you’ll also want to make sure you are buying the right coils with the right resistance. Sub-ohm coils are considered those with resistance levels under one ohm. Most coil manufacturers explicitly state what vaping wattages are best for each of their coil selections. As mentioned previously, always keep a few extra coils - the higher wattage you vape at, the sooner you will need to replace your coil.
- Sub-Ohm Tank - A sub-ohm tank is a tank that accepts atomizers under 1 ohm. At these levels, vapers can create much larger clouds. Since sub-ohm vaping uses more e-liquid, these tanks are generally larger in size and can hold more vape juice.
Vape Gear For Advanced Vapers
Some advanced vapers prefer the maximum control of their vape experience by choosing to build their own coils. For these vapers, the following vape gear is necessary:
- Rebuildable Atomizer - Not every tank accepts a rebuildable atomizer, and if it’s your goal to build your own, you’ll need a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer or a Rebuildable Dripping atomizer (both are types of RBAs). These atomizers allow you to build your own coil and attach it to the system so they are always customized to your exact preference.
- Wick & Wire - It is impossible to build a coil without two main components - wick and wire. Wires are used to hand make the coil and wicks are used to draw the e-liquid into the atomizer so it can be transformed into vape. If you’ll be building your own coils, keep extra wick and wire around - it’s better to have a few spares than to be left without when you need it most!
- Tool Kit - You’ll also need a great coil building toolkit to build awesome coils. These kits provide a variety of different tools like tweezers, pliers, screwdrivers, measurement accessories, and more.
Where To Find The Best Vape Gear
No matter what type of vaper you are, having the best vape gear in your collection will ensure that you have an excellent experience each and every time you vape. With hundreds of brands on the market, some much more reputable than others, it can be difficult to know what vape gear to buy. That’s why at Vaping.com, we only partner with the top brands in the vaping industry; offering the widest selection of high-quality vape gear online.
From the best starter vape kits to the most tasteful vape juice flavors, you’ll be able to find exactly what you need. Explore our site and find out exactly why we are considered the world’s leading online vaping destination!